Beach & Boat Ramp Rules
*FISHING ON SWIMMING BEACHES IS NOT ALLOWED. PLEASE USE PIERS.
*WATERCRAFT ARE NOT PERMITTED ON BEACHES. MUST BE OUTSIDE THE BUOYS.
*DOGS ON BEACHES MUST BE UNDER OWNERS CONTROL AT ALL TIIMES.
- Only dues paying members in good standing and their guests are authorized to use the beaches and boat ramps. A card-carrying member must accompany guests.
- Members must ensure that their vehicles have a valid beach decal while parked at the facilities. Vehicles without proper decals will be towed at the owner’s expense. Warning citations will not be issued.
- All children under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult, 18 years or older, parent or guardian. Unescorted children will be asked to leave the area immediately. Each parent or guardian accompanying a minor child will be responsible for the conduct and supervision of such child.
- Boats must not be left tied to docks. Please be considerate of other members and do not monopolize the docks. Docks are for loading and unloading passengers from their watercraft. Fishing is allowed as long as it does not infringe on other members.
- All trash must be placed in the containers provided.
- Glass bottles are not allowed on the beaches or picnic areas.
- Do not park on the grass. Use the parking lots.
- Your membership card must be in your possession at all times when using facilities.
- Fires are permitted only in the barbecue pits.
- Swim at your own risk.
- Watercraft should not be anchored in or on the swim beach, nor within the buoy area.
- Boats may only be launched from the ramps located at Pheasant, Whippoorwill, Nuthatch and Runner beaches.
- Stereo equipment may be played at a moderate level and should not be audible to person outside of the immediate area of the persons playing the music. Be mindful that water amplifies noise levels and loud music/voices can be quite annoying to persons living near the beach areas.
- No camping – Beach closed at 11:00 p.m.
Turtle Cove Beaches have designated & posted swim areas.
It is not permitted to bring watercraft within a designated swim area as it can be very dangerous for swimmers. Therefore, it is also not permitted to beach a watercraft on our beaches.
Georgia DNR patrols our lake, and they keep watch for violations.
You may be cited.
It is not permitted to fish from the sandy beaches as hooks and bare feet do not get along well. Please confine fishing activity to the non-sanded banks and to the docks.
Please respect others by keeping your music volume reasonable and picking up your trash when you leave.
Pheasant Beach is the designated family beach.
Please do not bring alcoholic beverages to Pheasant Beach.
Firearms are PROHIBITED on any common property area in Turtle Cove. Please do not bring your weapon to the clubhouse, swimming pool, golf course, tennis courts, beaches or campground areas.